Nov 25, 2019
'Tis the holiday season - for some of us, that means not only pumpkin pie and gratitude, but also dealing with difficult family members.
My guest today, is Stephanie Essenfeld. She has practiced family psychology and therapy for the last eight years.
Her goal is to provide helpful tools for effective communication, empathy, boundaries, decision making and many more — many of these we talk about today.
You can find Stephanie on Instagram at Therapy Untangled.
This episode will offer you real tangible tools you can use this Thanksgiving and throughout December as you deal with family members, but also in your daily life.
We talk about:
- How to set boundaries with your family members
- Determine what your needs are
- How to check your expectations.
- Specific difficult family dynamics including parents and adult children, dealing with in-laws and sibling rivalries
- Being on the receiving end of someone setting boundaries. How to deal with it when your spouse says they are struggling with your parents or what to do when your a parent whose adult child says they need boundaries.
CONNECT WITH STEPHANIE:
CONNECT WITH DANIELLE:
This podcast is brought to you by the Mail Tribune. Check out more Mail Tribune podcasts here.